High-quality, portable headphone amplifier with built-in 24/96 USB DAC
|Delivers Audiophile Reference Sound Quality, Wherever You May Roam|
- A portable amplifier designed for high-performance headphones
- The HA-P50SE is the ideal headphone amplifier for the audiophile on the go. A high-performance digital-to-analog adapter and high specification power amplifier circuit are packed into a compact, aluminum body, bringing out the very best from quality headphones.
- High 160mW + 160mW output gain (at 32Ω load)
- The HA-P50SE uses a Burr Brown OPA1602 SoundPLUS op amp for 160mW + 160mW high-output power amplifier (at 32Ω load). Even 600Ω headphones can be driven to full power.
- Low distortion discrete power amp section
- The top-flight OPA 1602 operational amplifier processes audio signals with maximum purity. The discrete push-pull circuit achieves a very low distortion which IC-based amplifier headphone circuits cannot match, thanks to meticulous component selection and an absolute insistence on sound quality. The history of TEAC amplifier sound quality has been applied to the HA-P50SE in the pursuit of the very best listening experience, one that's wholly uncompromised in a mobile environment.
- Robust full aluminum body with elegant appearance
The HA-P50SE is a special edition that employs polished chamfer-edge "diamond-cut" on the edges of the volume knob, and both top and bottom panels, while the side-guard metal parts are finished with noble white silver, giving the HA-P50SE more elegant appearance. Constructed from durable aluminum, the HA-P50SE's compact, flat body measures just 21.7mm thick, ideal for mobile environments where toughness, small size and lightness are essential. Designed from the outset for mobile use, its compact aluminum volume knob has just the right torque to allow fine volume adjustment. Raised side-guards on either side prevent accidental volume changes when the HA-50SE is being carried in a pocket or bag, as well as protecting headphone plugs from bumps.
- Uses a BurrBrown PCM5102 digital-to-analog converter
The built-in BurrBrown PCM5102 digital-to-analog converter is capable of processing digital audio signals up to maximum 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- Dual-setting gain switch for use with high-impedance headphones
A high/low gain selector enables output gain to be matched to the impedance of the headphone being used. An indispensible feature for those who use top quality high-impedance headphones.
- Gets high-quality sound from your iPhone or Android (*1) via USB digital input
Digital files stored on your iOS or Android device are played digitally through the HA-50SE's high-performance built-in digital-to-analog converter. A direct USB connection allows the purest playback quality and maximum fidelity. The HA-P50SE can be used with our free TEAC HR Audio Player app for high-resolution 24bit/96kHz audio playback on iPhones and other iOS-based devices. There's no need to buy a separate adapter (such as the Apple Camera Connection Kit) in order to connect. Rubber fixing straps are included for securing the HA-P50SE to an iPhone or Android handset, making it very easy to carry around.
*2: TEAC HR Audio Player can be downloaded for free from the App store.
- Accepts USB input from a PC/Mac
- The HA-P50SE accepts input from your computer via USB. Capable of high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz sound source playback when used with the TEAC HR Audio Player app (free to download) installed on your Windows PC/Macintosh.
- Equipped with both optical digital/analog inputs
- This versatile portable audio player employs an optical digital input terminal (*) that can be connected to a home audio system. The HA-P50SE creates a high quality digital audio playback environment. With its dual-function AUDIO IN port (*) for analog audio, the HA-P50SE takes input from non-digital audio players and passes it through its sophisticated amplifier circuits, letting you enjoy a high quality headphone listening environment wherever you are.
* A combined optical digital input and analog AUDIO IN terminal that self-detects incoming signals.
- Convenient recharging by USB; 8 hour continuous battery life
- The HA-P50SE has a built-in 2100mAh Li-ion battery, allowing a maximum of 8 hours of continuous battery life (with digital connections) and the included USB-A type DC cable allows recharging from a computer's USB port. A separately sold TASCAM PS-P515U AC adapter allows rapid recharging from wall/mains power, if required. Thanks to its auto power save function, the unit goes into sleep mode after 30 minutes if it has failed to detect a sound signal, or if there's no headphone jack plugged into the headphone port.
- Digital input from iPhone or Android devices
- Custom iOS application TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS (free to download) offers 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio playback (No Apple Camera Connection Kit needed)
- High 160mW + 160mW output gain (at 32Ω load)
- Built-in BurrBrown PCM5102 high-performance D/A converter
- Discrete output amp section based on a push-pull circuit
- High quality OPA1602 operational amplifier
- HIGH/LOW gain selector
- USB input from PC (24-bit/96kHz maximum)
- Works in conjunction with the TEAC HR Audio Player app for PC/Mac (free to download) to deliver high-resolution audio playback
- Combination optical digital/AUDIO IN input
- 3.5mm stereo mini headphone output
- Slim 21.7mm thick design; sturdy full aluminum body
- Elegant appearance with polished chamfer-edge “Diamond-cut” on the edges of the volume knob and both top and bottom panels
- Internal rechargeable 2100mAh Li-ion battery with continuous battery life of approximately 8 hours
- Supplied with rubber fixing straps for securing HA-P50SE to iPhone or Android handsets
- Auto power save function