TEAC HR AUDIO PLAYER FOR IOS/ANDROID OVERVIEW
Let's Take Your Hi-Res Sound with Your Smartphone!
App to Play a Hi-Res Sound Source on your iOS/Android Devices.
TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS is available at App Store at free of charge.
TEAC HR Audio Player for Android is available at Google Play at free of charge.
TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS/Android are Apps to play a Hi-Res sound source* on iOS/Android devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android phone. Transmit Hi-Res sound sources to your iOS/Android devices, and connect it to your TEAC portable headphone amplifier with built-in DAC, then launch the App. You can play the Hi-Res sound sources from a displayed list. On an iOS device, you can also access the standard iOS Music Library and play the music you have stored on your iOS device.
- Supported OS
- iOS 6、iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, Android 4.1 or later
- Supported Products
- HA-P90SD, HA-P5, HA-P50SE, HA-P50
- Supported Formats
- Supported formats depend on a connected product.
Unless the file format is supported, the audio signal will not be delivered to the connected product.
Refer the respective product web pages for the supported file format of the product.
Supported formats when you use with the HA-P90SD, HA-P5, HA-P50SE, HA-P50
Following file formats/sampling frequency/bit-length will be down-converted, when you use with the HA-P90SD, HA-P5, HA-P50SE, and HA-P50.
Sampling Frequency/Bit-length Output DSD 2.8M/5.6MHz → PCM 96kHz/24-bit PCM 192kHz/32-bit → 96kHz/24-bit 192kHz/24-bit → 96kHz/24-bit 176.4kHz/24-bit → 44.1kHz/24-bit 176.4kHz/16-bit → 44.1kHz/16-bit 88.2kHz/16-bit → 44.1kHz/16-bit
- Supported Language
- English , French, German, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
* The HA-P50 and iPhone are not included.
* The TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS/Android work on the supported products.
* Specifications and design may change without notice.
- Playback a high-resolution sound source on your iOS/Android devices
TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS/Android are Apps to play a Hi-Res sound source* on iOS/Android devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android phone. Transmit Hi-Res sound sources to your iOS/Android devices, and connect it to your TEAC portable headphone amplifier with built-in DAC, then launch the App. You can play the Hi-Res sound sources from a displayed list. On an iOS device, you can also access the standard iOS Music Library and play the music you have stored on your iOS device.
*The file format, sampling frequency, and bit length of a Hi-Res sound source you can use depend on the connected output device. However, for a file whose file format/sampling frequency/bit length is not supported by the connected output device, output file format/sampling frequency/bit length will be automatically converted to playback on the connected device. (For example: DSD 5.6MHz to PCM 96kHz/24-bit , or PCM 192kHz/32-bit to PCM 96kHz/24-bit)
- Seamless operation in iOS environment, such as operation from iOS Control Center
The App allows you to play in background so that you can enjoy Hi-Res music even while you use another App (except for a music player). Just like the standard iOS music player, you can operate the App from iOS Control Center so that you can play/pause and skip immediately when you are using another App or when you are in the home screen.
- Intuitive, easy-to-see, and friendly screen
On the main screen during playback, you can see the file format of the file you are playing and the sampling frequency sent to the connected output device, as well as display the lyrics and album artwork*. You can also use function to search a track in the list, change the playback order, and add a track to it, all with intuitive operation. The App is designed to be user-friendly.
*This function is enabled only for file formats that can keep album artwork or lyrics as tag information and display them, such as FLAC.
- Flexible equalizer for adjusting sound quality to your liking
- The App has a built-in graphical equalizer. Touch the equalizing curve on the screen to select the exact frequency you want to adjust. The RTA (Real-Time Analyzer) shows you real-time levels for each frequency of the music you are playing as a background of the equalizing curve so that you can adjust intuitively. Since it also shows you the selected frequency and its incremented/decremented value in numeric values, you can equalize very accurately by checking those values. The App is equipped with a linear FIR equalizing system, which has excellent phase characteristics, for equalizing. It allows you to select the SD or HD mode. In the HD mode, in which internal operation is processed in 64-bit, you will enjoy listening in higher quality. You can also save (up to 1,000 settings) and load the adjusted equalizing curve so that you can enjoy listening with a different setting according to a track or a device (such as a headphone) you use.
- Various regeneration modes
- In addition to Repeat playback (single or all tracks in the same list) and Random playback (in the same list), Crossover playback, which joins tracks smoothly using fade in and fade out, is available.
- SNS integration
- Shortcut menus are provided so that you can share your friends via e-mail or Facebook and tweet in Twitter about the track you are playing. Express the excitement of the high-resolution sound source immediately!
How to Transfer Your Hi-Res Sound Source (iOS version)
You must install (transfer) Hi-Res sound sources using your iTunes before you enjoy them with the TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS. This can be done differently from the normal sync procedure.
The TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS is also accessible to the standard iOS music library, and plays back the music you have stored on your iOS device.
- Connect your iOS device to the PC you use to manage the device.
- When the iTunes launched, select the connected iOS device in the iTunes.
- Select the Apps tab from the upper bar.
- Select TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS from the Apps list displayed on the left side of the screen.
- Drag and drop Hi-Res sound source files you want to transfer to the Documents area on the right of the screen.
Alternatively, click "Add..." button to add more music files.
- Click the "Sync" button on the bottom right corner of the screen. The tracks you added will be transferred to your iOS device.
- Disconnect your iOS device from the PC.
- Connect your iOS device to your TEAC Portable headphone amplifier with built-in DAC.
- Launch the TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS. You will see the transferred Hi-Res sound sources on the track list. (When the setting of Automatic in "HD Library Sync" is turned on in the Settings screen of the TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS.)
The transfer procedures or screen layout may vary depending on the version of your iTunes.
Transferring music files to Android device varies model by model. Please refer an owner's manual of respective Android device.
- Playback a Hi-Res sound source on your iOS/Android devices
- Playback tracks in the standard iOS Music Library
- Up-sampling feature (with ON/OFF selection)
- Cross-fading playback (with ON/OFF selection)
- Equalizer with the intuitively operable RTA (Real-Time Analyzer)
- Linear FIR equalizing system, which has excellent phase characteristics
- Equalizer with 16,384 tap points
- HD (64-bit) and SD equalizing modes
- Saving and loading an equalizing curve
- Background playback
- Operation from iOS Control Center (iOS version only)
- Repeat playback function (single/all tracks in the same list)
- Shuffle playback function (in the same list)
- List search function
- Displaying album artwork and lyrics
- Online help and online FAQ
- Sharing information on the track you are playing via e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook