Designed to reproduce high frequencies up to 40kHz, and so eminently suitable for reproducing high-resolution audio, the LS-301 is the ideal partner for the AI-301DA pre-main amplifier.
|A coaxial loudspeaker with all the pedigree of the S-300NEO|
- The ideal coaxial speaker for compact high-resolution audio systems
- In response to customer demand, the S-300NEO was launched last year, bringing back the form factor of the S-330 bookshelf coaxial loudspeaker, a model which has proved enduringly popular with audio enthusiasts since its launch in 1993.
The LS-301 coaxial loudspeaker is the latest in the line, allowing users to create a superb high-resolution audio system, especially when partnered with the AI-301DA pre-main amplifier. Compact enough to set up on a desktop, this coaxial loudspeaker's woofer and tweeter are positioned on the same axis to create a superb sense of sonic cohesiveness.
- A 10cm coaxial two-way unit fitted with an Air Direct Center Pole System
A high-resolution sound source, offering sound quality far superior to CD, demands an equally talented loudspeaker. In a coaxial design, where the woofer - emitting powerful kinetic energy - and the tweeter - emitting high frequency sound – are both mounted on the same framework, that framework needs to be sturdy with extremely inert. The Air Direct Center Pole System does a brilliant job of converting the kinetic energy from the woofer into cone movements that deliver sound. However, just as importantly, the system also suppresses and minimizes its own effect upon the tweeter, so allowing the HF driver to work at its best.
- The speaker includes a soft dome unit tweeter specially coated with silk to deliver clear, pure high frequencies. plus a woofer with an air-core coil to eliminate magnetic distortion,
- The woofer uses a pulp cone that's been enhanced with a special resin coating to reproduce heavy, low-pitched frequencies with unusual depth. In the crossover network, a film condenser is used to achieve higher level of sound quality, along with an air-core coil in the woofer. The network is carefully positioned so that it is not affected by the magnetic fields emitted by the tweeter coil.
- Banana plug compatible, gold-plated speaker terminals
Gold-plated (to avoid corrsion effects) the speaker terminals can accommodate all standard speaker cables, up to and including AWG8 guage. Naturally, the terminals also accept banana plugs.
- Rear bass reflex
A bass reflex port is fitted in the rear of the housing. The internal flow of air has been modelled to produce the optimal bass reflex effect.
- Choose the finish to suit your surroundings
- The LS-301 features diamond-cut metal speaker trim-rings. As well as being pleasing to the eye these also have the effect of suppressing unwanted resonances from the speaker. The LS-301 is available in cherry wood or black finishes, to better match your room's decor and the aesthetics of partnering hi-fi components.
- Coaxial 2-way unit
- 10cm woofer, 2cm tweeter
- Fitted with Air Direct Center Pole System
- Rear bass reflex
- Screw-type speaker terminal plugs (gold plated, AWG8 guage cable compatible)
- Removable saran (synthetic fiber) grille