Premium CD Player in Reference 301 footprint, with FM radio and USB memory playback
Not available in the US.
|A CD player, USB flash player, and FM tuner combined in a compact format|
- Slot-loading CD drive mechanism enables quick loading and automatic playback
The CD drive utilizes a compact high-precision slot-loading CD drive mechanism. The drive, designed especially for audio with a record of professional use, loads quickly for instant playback. The automatic playback function, which automatically starts playback after a CD is loaded, allows you to enjoy music soon after inserting the CD into the slot.
- Supports playback of MP3, WMA, AAC and WAV files
WAV (USB only), AAC (USB only), MP3 and WMA files can be played back from USB flash drives and CD-R and CD-RW discs. The song name and artist can be shown on the unit's display during playback of MP3, WMA and AAC files (assuming files have ID3 tags.)
- High-precision Digital-to-Analog audio converters
A Burr-Brown PCM5142 D/A converter, made by Texas Instruments, is used to convert the digital audio signals read from CDs and USB flash drives to analog.This D/A converter has a reputation for rich, smooth audio performance, to make your CDs sound great.
- Coaxial and optical digital outputs also allow digital output of FM broadcasts
- In addition to analog outputs, coaxial and optical S/PDIF outputs are included for pure digital connection. Plug the output into an AI-301DA, UD-301 or other component with S/PDIF digital input for lossless digital playback. Plug in a D/A converter with even higher precision to upgrade your CD playback to greater audio quality. Even the FM radio tuner can also be output as S/PDIF digital signal.
(Note: Digital output is at 44.1 kHz/16-bit regardless of the playback format and source.)
- Solid aluminum body and compact installation space
While maintaining the elegance of a traditionally styled hi-fi component, the all-metal chassis provides a solid body with excellent vibration control, minimizing the effect of vibrations on audio quality. With the 501 Series, we advanced the concept of compact high-performance audio devices that can be placed even on desktops, and we have further developed this with the 301 Series. The body, which has been restricted to a width of 215 mm, enables even greater freedom of placement.
- Included wireless remote control with number pad
The included remote control with a number pad that is convenient for selecting tracks is included. The AI-301DA remote can also control the basic functions of the PD-301.
- Combine with an AI-301DA and LS-301 speakers to create a compact Hi-Res system
- The PD-301 can be combined with an AI-301DA pre-main amplifier (also from the 301 Reference Series) that has a USB DAC and allows aptX® Bluetooth input. Together they form a compact high-resolution system that allows USB audio input from a computer and wireless playback from smartphones and tablets while also supporting CDs and USB flash drives as well as a wide range of FM frequencies.
- Combine with a UD-301 for a high-precision CD player system
- By connecting this model digitally to a UD-301, which is a USB DAC with a dual mono structure in the same 301 Reference Series, you can upconvert the PCM 44.1kHz/16-bit digital data of your CDs to 192 kHz. By conducting D/A processing after converting to a higher-precision digital signal, a smoother analog signal can be output.
Furthermore, in addition to RCA unbalanced outputs, the UD-301 has XLR balanced outputs, so it is possible to incorporate it into a more advanced system with a hi-fi amplifier that has balanced inputs.
- Slot-loading CD drive (CD-DA, CD-ROM/R/RW)
- Automatic playback (on/off switchable)
- Playback of WAV, AAC, MP3 and WMA files from CDs and USB flash drives
- Program playback (CD DA only)
- Random and repeat playback (CD DA only)
- File ID3 tag data display (song and artist names)
- Switchable folder and file browsing mode
- USB-A input connector (for playback of files from USB flash drives)
- One coaxial digital output connector
- One optical digital output connector
- One RCA stereo line output connector pair
- Compact dedicated remote control included
- Inverted-F antenna connector for FM radio
- FM tuner supports RDS (UK/Europe model only)
- All-aluminum enclosure
- Automatic power saving (on/off switchable)