Protect and enhance your vinyl collection
with "Un-Ryu Washi" paper, only from TEAC.
TA-TS30UN-BW is an inventional turntable sheet to provide an optimized condition for vinyl record playing.
Removing dust on vinyl records with a dust sweeper is one of the most ceremonious things when play music, and it is an emotional moment for the greatest experience that about to begin. However, it may sometimes a bothering process to remove dust persistently sticks on the records due to static, which makes you annoy.
In order to provide a comfortable moment of listening to muisc, we considered removing static from records is essential to make this ceremony excite, and tried to find the best material for a turntable sheet from the scratch. Traditionally, silicon rubber, felt or cork is used for turntable sheet, because of its attribute of shock-absorbing. However, we considered the most essential things for turntable sheet is to reduce static, and came to a conclusion of using "WASHI" after dozens tests to find an ideal material that matches the condition.
"WASHI" is a traditional Japanese paper made from the ﬁbers of Mulberry trees. With natural durability, it’s been widely used for UKIYO-E printings and paper currency for centuries. Recently, it’s been re-discovered and used for stationary and interior fabrics for its beautiful design and excellent functionality. Particularly, "Un-Ryū Shi" is a unique type of WASHI made using special techniques which, showcasing the skill of the craftsman, can be seen in the characteristic ﬁber pattern on the paper. By combining this WASHI with Stone-paper for core material, this turntable sheet gains mass and becomes uniformly flat, while restricting vibration, reducing static electricity, and preventing dust from accumulating.
The TA-TS30UN is the ultimate turntable sheet that provides an ideal condition for record playing at the highest dimension.
- ■ Reversible design, according to the atmosphere
"Un-Ryū Shi" which is characterized by beautiful watermark of the fiber, has been made for centuries at the foot of the SHIKOKU Mountains where fine quality Mulberry trees are produced. The TA-TS30UN employs the "Un-Ryu Shi" on both sides of the Stone-paper – one side is white, and another side is light gray, – gives different aspects on the platter of the turntable.
(Notice: Although colors are different on front and back sides, audio performance is equal.)
- ■ Durable Anti-warpage Stone-paper for Core Material
- Anti-warpage or planarity is another essential issue for a turntable sheet to keep the stylus pressure equal. In order to satisfy this condition that is not done only by WASHI paper, the TA-TS30UN employs synthetic paper "Stone-paper" made from 80% of calcium carbonate and 20% of high-density polyethylene for core material. The Stone-paper has higher specific weight – compare to conventional paper made from pulp, – which means it gives moderate weight for a thin turntable sheet, and it even keeps planarity under high humidity conditions.
- Anti-static WASHI paper for easy dust removal
- Unique watermark pattern of fiber on "Un-Ryu Shi"
- Moderate-weighted Stone-paper for anti-warpage
- Reversible design to match atmosphere of the room