Stream Audio via USB from Your Windows or Mac PC at Better-Than-CD Quality.
With a Sleek Design and Compact Body the UD-H01 is the New Standard for a Modern Generation.
The TEAC UD-H01 brings high-end digital-to-analog conversion to an affordable package for component or computer audio playback. Three digital inputs are provided: coaxial, optical, and a USB 2.0 input for connection to Mac or Windows computers. These connect to a premium-quality Burr Brown PCM1795 dual DAC with up to 192kHz/32-bit audio resolution for the highest-quality sources. The device can receive data asynchronously meaning the timing signal is included reducing jitter to the absolute lowest level. Input sources can even be up-converted to higher sampling rates for smoother audio quality.
For output to powered speakers or an amplifier, a Muse 8920 dual operation line amplifier terminates to gold-plated phono or balanced XLR outputs. The output circuit is completely independent in the left and right sides for optimum channel separation and clear stereo imaging. A stereo headphone amp is also provided with independent volume control.
The perfect system for playback of high-res computer formats like FLAC, WAV and Apple Lossless, the TEAC UD-H01 enables high-quality audio playback in your home or office.
In Japan, the UD-H01 have received some prizes of an audio equipment.
The VGP(Visual Grand Prix) is a prize of equipments of audio and visual that is most famous prize in the market of the AV equipments. The UD-H01 received the bronze award of the VGP.
The AEx(Audio Excellence Award) is a prize of pure audio equipments. The UD-H01 received the AEx award.
- Streaming Digital Audio via USB Better-Than-CD Quality Playback
The UD-H01 digitally transfers audio source materials stored on a computer at up to 24bit/192kHz for streaming playback. The UD-H01 supports USB asynchronous mode, using the precise internal clock to control timing and eliminating jitter issues. This allows optimal playback of high-resolution digital audio files from playlists/libraries on your iTunes, Windows Media Player or similar playback programs.
- 192kHz Up-Conversion to Reduce Jitter Even Further
- All digital input signals are converted to 192kHz via non-integral up-sampling, dramatically reducing jitter and allowing consistent D/A conversion based on the high-precision internal clock. ASRC conversion is used to produce a natural, 192kHz high-sampling rate digital audio signal.
- Dual-Monaural Configuration with Independent Left/Right D/A Converters
- The UD-H01 incorporates two BurrBrown PCM1795 D/A converters, one for each channel. The dual-monaural configuration eliminates interference between the channels for maximum performance from the D/A converters. A shunt-regulator circuit supplies the current to the D/A converters in order to eliminate ground noise generated by fluctuations in the supply voltage.
- Refined Analog Circuit Design for a Simple Signal Path
The analog circuit design features a left/right symmetrical configuration to ensure signal paths of identical length for the left and right channels. The UD-H01 incorporates a MUSES 8920 FET input operational amplifier with outstanding I-V conversion performance for high-quality analog output, including headphones output.
- High-Performance Power Supply to Guarantee the Maximum Performance from all Components and Circuits
The UD-H01 uses a high-capacity toroidal-core power supply transformer capable of providing a stable current with high efficiency. This minimizes flux leakage and eliminates noise generated by electromagnetic induction.
- Ideal as a High-Quality Headphone Amplifier as well
The same high-quality operational amplifier used for line output is used for headphone amplifier output. A dedicated high-quality aluminum knob controls headphone volumes. This allows users to enjoy a high-sampling-rated digital audio in spaces with neighbors close by, or other situations where speaker playback might disturb others.
- Input/Output Terminals for Incorporation into Full-Scale Hi-Fi Systems
The UD-H01 features coaxial and optical S/P DIF digital audio inputs and a USB port to allow use as a high-quality D/A converter. Output terminals include gold-plated RCA connectors, line-level output and XLR balanced output terminals for connection to a full-fledged high-end operation amplifier. The unit features a professional-style 3-pin power socket.